Our Parish has two Mass centres. The first is St Thomas More Church which is located on Longbridge Road around 2 miles to the east of Barking town centre and provides a reassuring presence in its urban setting. The building will be well known to many people due to its location near the junction of two local main roads, and it seeks to serve the Parish community and beyond through the daily witness to God’s word. The second is St Anne’s Church on Woodward Road, Dagenham which again is a beacon of God’s Love in action through its prominent location. The Parish was established in 1935 and has recently celebrated its 75th Anniversary and belongs to the Diocese of Brentwood. The Parish is blessed and grateful to be administered by the Pallottine Fathers (Society of Catholic Apostolate).
We are very proud that within the Parish boundary is the local Catholic primary school The St Teresa Catholic Primary School Dagenham. The school is graded ‘outstanding’ by the Diocese of Brentwood (October 2011) and ‘Good’ with outstanding features by Ofsted (July 2011) and is a real jewel in the crown of the Parish. The pastoral chaplaincy needs of the school are met by the Priests of the Parish and we have a very strong bond between school and church. The school body and staff play an enthusiastic and important part within our Parish community and their choir regular perform at Parish events.
The Priests of the Parish also provide chaplaincy support to the school chaplain of All Saints Secondary school Dagenham. The school is held in high regard and has gained a strong reputation for its academic achievements and model student behaviour.